Thursday, April 25, 2013

God is in the Details, Our Details


My son wanted to start a little 6 week Futsol (soccer) league. He got a nice little introduction of the trials of starting something new and a great introduction in leaning on God for those details! 

He successfully got the right amount of guys to join him. My husband called the Rec. Director and was told they could use the Elementary School gym.

Next, they went shopping for futsol goals (small soccer goals). They weren't able to get what they wanted so they settled for practice goals (much bigger). First glitch: Those goals are kinda big for an elementary school gym!

The morning comes for the first day of Futsol and the dreaded email comes. We lost the Elementary School Gym. Now what? I encouraged my son to pray. Only God could handle such things. 

Hours later, we have the old High School gym. Cool, it's bigger... Then later, we are bumped to the present High School gym!!! Even bigger!! Suddenly it's a good thing we could only find bigger goals!! 

In my own small little world, I went clothes shopping yesterday. Not my favorite thing to do but it needed to be done. I needed a pair of jeans badly. Strangely in the store I was in, every pair of jeans I tried on were very, very long! I didn't know I was short!!! So I asked if they had "petites". They had one pair in the entire store...in MY size and in the style I wanted!! Happy DANCE!! 

God is in my details. I see it over and over, every day. As I surrender my life to Him, as I give it to Him, He takes very, very good care of me! I don't have all that I WANT as sometimes I am not wise in my wants...but I sure have all I need! And the details of my daily life, God's got it!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" ~Matthew 6:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!