Saturday, February 8, 2014

Strangely Quiet


It's a strangely quiet day at the Twombly house. No one's fighting for TV rights or over the same game system. No one's begging to go to the local indoor pool. Two have been playing in their bedroom with toys for most of the day, coming smilingly down the stairs at meal and snack times. One takes a break to share a movie with another sibling. I honestly can't remember a day when I have relaxed this much in a very, VERY long time. I've blissfully spent most of the day reading. 

We've been sick this week with nasty colds. With reckless abandon, the younger kids braved the cold and snow to enjoy playing outside anyway.
Some people lay out in the sun...we lay out in the snowstorm!
Today, with the last hold out sick with a nasty cold, it was decided unanimously that no one was braving the cold today. A strange contentment with a quiet day has settled over our masses and I couldn't be happier! I won't think about whether this is a new normal because I do know better! ;) I'll just enjoy it for what it is. God knows what we need!

I am recovering from my own version of the cruddy cold so I'm feeling pretty quiet too. Papa Bear and biggest teen bear are helping the Youth Group put on a Couples Dinner at church complete with child care. I've got a pot roast in the oven to feed the rest of us as it's one of the few meals that everyone will eat and like. 

Tomorrow will be a busy Sunday with church and then a trip out birthday shopping. But today...Sabbath rest...

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." ~Phil. 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!