Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


Join me! The Homeschool Mother's Journal !

In my life this past week…This week was a "semi-vacation". My high schoolers didn't have to do much. My elementary aged kids had only one day off so we could get their schedule humming. We visited friends one day and attended a fellowship for those in our church dedicated to orphan care. 

In our homeschool this past week…I switched my younger children from doing school in the afternoon to doing school in the morning. Now I need to change our family schedule so that we can keep this up. I felt such relief in the afternoon knowing I could clean or go to the grocery store!! 


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…DON'T PANIC. PRAY your way through the day! Always keep in front of your eyes WHY you are homeschooling. Remember it's suppose to be messy because people are involved!


My favorite thing this week was…Our visiting time with friends, hearing more English coming out of my younger kids' mouths. 


My kiddos favorite thing this week was…visiting friends...always their favorite!! Rachel got a belated present from a dear friend...a crocheted handbag! I am pretty sure that was her fav moment!


Things I’m working on…a family schedule that actually works!! I am not a big fan of living by a schedule (*gasp*), but alas, it is necessary. 


I’m cooking…I did actually cook this week (*wink) and the highlights were homemade pizza, Zuppa Toscano Soup, roasted chicken in gravy.


I’m grateful for…God is for me so who can be against me? Awesome, right?!


I’m praying for…Friends who have adopted and are adopting, a struggling family member, my children, my husband/marriage.


Something I am ogling or have my eye on…I am looking at daybeds as we are planning a "hang out room" for our teenage daughter that doubles as a guest room.


A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…


Our first completed Homeschool Project!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!