Thursday, February 21, 2013

To the Waiting...


I am thinking this morning about those I love who are waiting...waiting for their adoption to be complete and their child to come, waiting for God to move in their marriage, waiting on God to show their spouse a part of His will that they see alone right now, waiting for healing... Do we not all have seasons of waiting? 

So while they wait, while *you* are waiting for all you are waiting for...

I pray you look up and see the face of Jesus, I pray you trust Him with all your worth, I pray you use all of your strength to cling to Him.

I pray you are protected from the anger and bitterness that so often comes with that sort of wait that is beyond your own understanding.

I pray you trust the God who knows all things and trust that His desire for you is His best and not your best.

I pray you look to Him through each moment, hiding yourself in Him...your heart...your mind and thoughts. 

I pray you would feast on His Word, drinking in His wisdom. 

I pray each sorrowful thought would turn to a prayer.

I pray you would wait on NO man and solely wait on our Good Shepherd.

God Himself will walk you through each valley, each desert, the mind numbing solitude of waiting.

I pray when the way is hidden you would remember that no way is hidden from Him. 

I pray you would stay sweet with His sweetness, strong with His strength, loving with His love.

I pray you would see those around you who are also waiting and point them to Jesus and wait together. 

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. ~Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it. ~Psalm 37:34

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. ~Psalm 40:1

So the LORD must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help. ~Isaiah 30:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!