Friday, December 7, 2012

Firsts

Soon I'll be saturating you all with pictures but for now these will have to do! ;) Here is 3 of our 4 sweeties who are new to our family decorating the Christmas tree. :)

When you adopt older children, it can be easy to get caught up in all the things you have missed with them. You think about those firsts you get with those you were able to raise since infancy. You know, the first time sitting up, walking, talking, first Christmas, birthday, and on and on it goes. 

But I've been surprised and delighted at all the firsts we have had with our sweet 4!! I honestly think I might have written this before. Have I?? If I have, I guess it bears repeating and we've added a few more...some of these my husband enjoyed before I arrived 6 weeks after him...

~First ride on an escalator...
~First trip to McDonalds and Pizza Hut...
~First trip to pick out toys in a toy store...
~First time trying on clothes at a store and bringing them home...
~First birthday party...
~First pinata that was picked out just for the birthday child...
~First thanksgiving eating turkey and the fixins...
~First time seeing a movie in 3D... 
~First time playing electronic games...
~First time getting to look at the pictures taken of them over and over because the pictures didn't go home with the short term missionary...
And even...
~First time living at HOME with a Mama and a Papa that will be their Mama and Papa forEVER!

There are MORE than enough firsts! And these kids show a lot of excitement over each one and those moments are just a blast!! Our two littles ran out of the room when we sang happy birthday to them and then came peeking back in. One of our daughters jumped up and down wildly when the Christmas Tree came in the house. When the kids first got on the escalator they wanted to stay on it all day! At the end of the 3D movie, my daughter was clapping and screaming, "Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!!"

Serious fun...seriously!!! 

Are there challenges? OF COURSE THERE ARE!! But if you've thought about adopting older children, let me be the FIRST to tell you! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!