Thursday, December 15, 2011

JOY


Last year was my first year picking a "Word" for my year. It was a word that would represent the spiritual truth that God was/teaching me. It was "trust." This was especially vital to me last year as I was preparing my homeschooled son for college. It was a time full of travelling and paper work. I was tempted to be afraid: afraid of not preparing him academically, afraid of sending him to the wrong college, afraid of not having the funds, afraid of doing things too late, and on and on... I need to TRUST that God was my son's shepherd and that He would lead in every area. And He did lead, in more ways than I could imagine!!


Normally I would choose my "Word for 2012" in January. But "that word" has been stirring in my heart for weeks now. It is: "JOY". Here's why...


The older I get, the more I see of the world. I've known more people to get cancer and other grave illnesses, I know more people who have gone to heaven before me, I see more sadness and hurt in the world, more lonely people, more troubles and burdens. It can get pretty overwhelming. 


Added to that, when your children begin to grow their wings and fly your life changes. You feel that empty nest. You miss those ones you have loved beyond reason. 


I want to be JOYful. That is only found through faith in Jesus. I want to KNOW joy, LEARN joy, PRACTICE joy, FEEL joy. Get ready to hear alot more here on JOY! 
"My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy."
Psalm 63:5-7

2 comments:

  1. Dear Karen,

    What a wonderful idea...to focus on a word for an entire year. You have inspired me...taking a word and truly "understanding" and "living" it's meaning. Right now, with all that is happening in our lives, this would be a great blessing for me. Isn't it amazing how the Lord leads us to share with each other. I am going to begin to pray for a word myself.

    Sweet blessings, my friend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura, I can't wait to hear what you choose!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!