Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

It's a busy, busy, busy week as it should be just before Christmas! I am working hard at keeping calm and enjoying the flurry around me! Over the weekend we got our Christmas tree and decorated it. It was a hard decision to do the tree before our college son came home. But he's coming home a bit late so we went ahead with it...and then discussed undecorating it and decorating it again when he got here!! But I think we'll just keep it the way it is. ;)


There's plenty of baking to do. :) My daughter and I tried our hand at my mother-in-law's super soft Christmas cutout cookie recipe. In the end we realized it is a lot harder than she makes it look! I had to add quite a bit of extra flour so I am wondering if I mixed it up wrong? They were still good but not quite as good as grandma's!! Maybe there's some grandma magic there that I just don't yet possess! I hesitate to share the recipe until I've perfected it but I will tell you that the "guaranteed soft cookie ingredient" is sour cream! 


Packages from internet orders are arriving but I've still got plenty of shopping to do. Actually, I am quite behind. Again, working hard to keep my calm and enjoy the season knowing it will all get done. Or, "done" will be however much happens before December 25th!


There's always chances to serve too. Yesterday my kids and I got to go and hand out Christmas presents to needy families. A local inner city ministry orchestrated the gathering, wrapping and organizing of the gifts and then we got the absolute joy of handing them out to moms and dads. We just had a blast! Then out to lunch with friends. What could be better??


I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season. :) I find myself not counting down to Christmas this year but counting down until my son comes home from college for his vacation! Really, having us all together is the only present I need! 

"But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!