Friday, December 9, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week...We've cooked some Christmas cookies this week, we've done lots of school work and the girls of the family got their haircut. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get our Christmas tree up and get decorating!! :) 

In our homeschool this week...We've focused mostly on Math, Literature and History with a bit of Science thrown in for good measure! We took some time in History to compare ancient India, China and the Americas...very fascinating! We've had some good discussions on the foolishness and deception of idol worship and how it binds people with many fears and offers no freedom at all...sad to see people in captivity to such fear. "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but he has given unto us a spirit of power, a spirit of love and of sound mind." 2 Tim. 1:7

Helpful homeschooling advice or tip to share...Take time every day to correct papers and file them safely. I have NOT taken my own advice and have some catching up to do! Also leave some wiggle room in the school schedule so that when some catches an interest they can do a little research or get creative. :)

I am inspired by...people who are gentle and loving to all.

My favorite thing this week was...Celebrating Christians birthday over the weekend ; Rachel and I meeting with friends to make gingerbread men.

Things I am working on...knitting fingerless gloves and a soft blanket.

I am reading..."A Love that Multiplies" by the Duggars. :) 

I'm cooking...Christmas sugar cookies! 

I am grateful for...God's leading in my life. He is in control and gently leads me daily! 

I am praying for...1. God to move in my life leading us as a family to the next step, whatever that is. 2. For those who are adopting from Haiti, that the gov't would move on those and get those kids home! 3. For friends heading out Saturday on a Missions Trip to Raleigh, NC. 

A photo to share...My "Baker Angel"




1 comment:

  1. Definitely! I try to file the kids work into their portfolios (required here) and "might be needed" (i.e. placed in a drawer until portfolios reviews for just in case). It makes things so much easier to keep up every 4-6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!