Monday, January 9, 2012

Memorial Stones~WHATEVER!

I enjoy recording my "Memorial Stones on Monday". I don't do that every Monday. *Every* is the best way to sabotage myself! ;) Anyway, I've been thinking about what memorial stones I'll want to set up after this year as a new year stretches before me. None of us really know what this year will bring, do we? But we do know that our God is faithful!


Over the weekend God did a work in my heart. I was reminded of the things I have said NO to. I won't list them all here as some affect others. But you could imagine some I am sure. My heart was pierced. How could I say "no"? It's one thing not to feel called by God to do something but "never" is a horrible word! 


So I said "WHATEVER". Whatever can be a beautiful word. "Whatever" you want me to do, God, lead me there and I will do it. And I said, "whenever" and "where ever." It was really a frightening, yet sweet release. It's JOYful!


Which leads me wondering... What will that mean as I look back on 2012? It's scary and exciting! My year, my life is now truly open. I pray I never close it up again! I am anticipating moments with God and for God that are going to require memorial stones as I watch God work and join Him in His work.


"So Joshua called together the twelve men he had appointed from the Israelites, one from each tribe, and said to them, “Go over before the ark of the LORD your God into the middle of the Jordan. Each of you is to take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the Israelites, to serve as a sign among you. In the future, when your children ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever.” 
~Joshua 4:4-7


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!