Tuesday, December 20, 2011

To Whom Shall We Go?

There are many voices during the Christmas season from the voice calling to keep Christ in Christmas to the voice to forsake Christmas for fear of a pagan background. I've sought to stay out of the din. I've tried to quietly go about living out what I believe I am called by God to live out.


Today I was out shopping for gifts. With IPOD loaded with my favorite Christmas music I headed out. I found myself a little weepy in between stores as song after song of worship flooded my ears.


My thoughts turned to the Apostle Peter and the conversation with Jesus recorded in John 6:


“You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.
Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.” John 6:67-69


It reminds me of the Psalmist in Psalms 73:

"Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever." 

Psalm 73:25-26

If you know God's love, His grace, His mercy you cannot forget. You cannot ignore the One your soul cries out for. If you know Him, really know Him 364 days a year, you'll surely not forget on day 365. If God is the One you run to with all your sorrows, will He not be the source of all celebrations? How could He not be the One you worship on Christmas? Could you even help yourself?

Will I not go to Him? I have nowhere else to go. There is no hope ANYWHERE else, no life, no joy. Only Jesus.

God redeemed my pagan heart. How much more can He redeem a pagan day. 

Only Jesus has the Words of Life. Only Jesus is the Way, the Truth, the Life. Only Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!