Monday, December 19, 2011

Organizing the Trash?

True confession: I've been organizing the trash as part of my preparation for deep winter. I know, crazy right? Well I am doing this for a couple of reasons:


1. You can just throw bags in the trailer and think they'll be fine. Animals will get into them as they smell food.
2. I only have a set amount of metal cans (which as it is must be secured with bungee cords so a certain neighbor dog doesn't open them).
3. The trailer WILL get snowed in and we'll stop digging it out. 


So, to make it easier to go to the dump less and to separate out what would attract animals I am organizing the trash. No, I didn't take a picture because that would be so over the top even for me! ;) 


I now have a small trash can under the sink with a lid and nice febreeze bags for food smelling trash, a box for recyclable items and a trash can for nonfood non recyclable. That way only the little food smelling bags will go in the metal can and it won't fill up as fast and the rest can go in the trailer and not be bothered by animals.


As I was doing this little organizational task, a still small voice said, "Are you doing this in your LIFE? Are you spending time organizing the trash in your heart? Is your goal to organize and compact it so no one sees it or really deal with it and get rid of it? Are you trying to deal with the trash sin yourself or do crying out to God with it?"


"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:24


"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you. Save me from all my transgressions; do not make me the scorn of fools." Psalm 39:8


Organizing the trash doesn't make it clean and it doesn't stop it from being trash. In my heart I don't want to make my own trash neat and tidy. I want to get rid of it. I want to be clean. I can organize. Only God can clean...


"Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin." Psalm 51:2











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!