Friday, October 21, 2011

Living Our Best Life ~ Introduction

My cable company has my TV set up so that I can hit a rewind button whenever I want and see something I missed. I love that! Sometimes when something makes us laugh or is especially poignant we might rewind 3 or 4 times. My daughter and I might rewind a cute baby shot endless times!! 


Do you ever wish life was that way? I'd love to rewind and watch my kids grow up again or see them as babies. I'd love it more if I could choose funny or especially poignant moments and actually experience them again! 


Even more than rewinding the highs, I'd love to rewind some mistakes or back up when I headed down a wrong path and take a better road. But I try to remember those mistakes are where much of my learning has taken place. I also try to remember that I serve a God who make the crooked places straight again. 


Wrong paths and crooked places sneak up on you. You're going along thinking everything is fine and suddenly you look around and think, "This is SO not where I wanted to end up!" Usually continuing in that direction, hoping things get better or you somehow wind up on the right path while travelling down the wrong one is foolish. Yet how many times have I done that very thing?


I have thought a lot about this, especially over the past 4 or 5 years. Once I came out of the fog of taking care of young children, I blinked my eyes and they started growing into teenagers. Then I had to think, "Am I teaching and instilling in them what we originally intended? Are we reaching our goals for our family? Do we have the right goals?" 


Do you ever feel that way? I think those are healthy questions to ask and since that sort of "crisis awakening" I have asked it over and over and as a family we have tweaked how we are living over and over.


I am going to think through and journal here that process we went through and share it. Maybe it will help someone else. At the very least it will keep my mind clear and my heart headed on good paths! 


Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!