Saturday, October 8, 2011

Falling for Autumn

I just love the changing of seasons. Each one brings its own delights. With autumn comes beautiful colors, crunchy apples, open windows, a yearning for hot soups and stews, soccer games, harvest parties, early nights. I love it all!
This week my college son came home for his fall break! He came loaded down with school books and homework. He returns tomorrow to a week of midterms. Even on the days we had no special plans, it was just good to see him at our table with books spread out during our homeschool hours. Sometimes seeing someone makes you realize even more how much their missed...their silly jokes...their laugh...their voice... You blink and the visit is over... But I am thankful he is happy, that he made the best college choice for him, that he is growing into a fine godly man. As long as we're all on God's path for us, we'll all be just fine. 
The *ministry side* of my life has been quite busy with helping my husband and the other leaders with Youth Group and with meeting a few of my girlfriends bi-weekly for Bible Study. It's a good busy, but busy all the same and between that and homeschooling it's taking much of my *thinking energy* away. This explains my quiet blog a bit. But I am getting used to it and expect to be back up to a busy blog in the next week or so. 
Time marches on and I try my best to march with it, savoring every delight along the way. 


"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

  1. Thought I would pop by Karen, I love Autumn too, in fact every season. The day I became a Christian was the day that I saw God's creation SO clearly. So nice for you to have Christian at home. My boy has gone to London for work experience in a graphic design office. He's sleeping on his sister's sofa so I have no worries about him. I so pray for him to meet with the Living saviour.

    ~ Yvonne in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Yvonne. I pray your dear son gives his heart to Jesus. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!