Monday, August 1, 2011

New Month, New Week, New Day!!



I'm all about newness and today I get 3 "new-s"...it's a new month, a new week, and a new day! It's fresh, clean and open for new habits, patterns, and chances! With my Savior, Jesus, every moment can be new! GRACE!!!


Doesn't it seem that summer is flying by? NEXT WEEK we bring our firstborn to college! Then there'll be 3 weeks left for me to get us all ready for homeschooling...lesson plans, paper, notebooks, etc., etc.!


This week my focus is making lists upon lists of things to buy and pack and buy when we get there for my college student. Meals will be kept simple and I'll try to use up what is in the frig and freezer (thanks to one year when my frig broke while I was gone). 


I am thankful for the busyness to take my mind off the gravity of letting my bird use his wings to fly away. As soon as that kid learned to walk I knew this day would come...actually I guess the trouble REALLY began when the doctor cut the umbilical cord!! ;) I am trusting that God will get us all through this big transition and we'll find joy in it. I am truly thankful for the front row seat I'll get, and I'll watch God work in and through my son with great expectation! And in the short term, I'll count down the days till October break! ;) 


God is so good and He astounds me with the way He sets the perfect rhythm to my life and schedule. Little things like how my mom was visiting her sister when I needed to attend a important meeting at church. I didn't have to feel I was deserting her to attend. Bigger things like bringing together all the details to graduate my first homeschooler and choose a college. Small joys like him getting to participate in an Allstar Soccer game the week before he leaves. God is trustworthy, whether I always notice it or not. His steady presence brings grace and mercy and shepherding.


"All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!