Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pests Invade...

I've been battling pests in my garden. Almost daily, I go out to argue with these beetles (?) for my impatiens! I flick them off and come back to find more have replaced them.


I've caught deer munching down my Hostas...


...and nibbled off the buds of my tall phlox...


Pest free, my irises never bloomed this year...


My pepper plants don't seem to be blooming either...I am going to try another dose of fertilizer...


This week my time with God has slipped. When that happens, pests come quickly to harass me. Pests like doubt, fear, and insecurity quickly chew away at my past growth. Buds that were ready to bloom in my life get chewed off and I must start again to grow and rebuild. In other areas I just stop blooming. I am moody, irritated, agitated. Peace is gone... 


I wonder after the first couple of days what in the world is wrong with me! Then the sweet conviction of the Holy Spirit delivers the answer. . . I have stopped "abiding in Him." I have chosen pride over godly humility, thinking I can make it on my own. 


There is no sheep who can take their eyes off the shepherd for a moment, much less a day or two days or three. That poor sheep will head off down the wrong path and quickly be the victim of wolves or lions. Or he'll just starve, having stumbled off somewhere where there are no green pastures.


I am that sheep. I cannot afford a moments look away from my Shepherd. Like the Psalmist I must cry out, "seek Thy servant." (Ps. 119:176) 


"Abide in Me, and I in you.  As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:4-5


Time to start bearing again!




"If we are faithless, He remains faithful; for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!