Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Springtime Around the House! :)

Now that I've confessed the priorities I am striving to keep (yesterday's post) I can share those *other* things that are keeping me occupied! I am still knitting and knitting and knitting for the craft fair of two friends. :) My latest design if you can see it through my not-so-great picture quality is a cookie jar with a rolling pin behind it and a measuring cup on the bottom. It's a little big for a dishcloth but I loved knitting it up! (I find knitting quite relaxing. :)  ) I can't believe how much cotton I had sitting in a bag not being used! I feel just a tad better now that it has a good use... I doubt I'll get it all knit up in time but I'll do my best... I pray God will multiply my small offering. After all, I've seen what he can do with a few loaves and fish! ;) 



Now I had an exciting thing happen! A friend from The Christian Homekeeper Forum offered to do some knitting too for the same craft fair! She lives in a different state than me and has never met the families in the craft fair (who are raising money to adopt sweet children from Haiti). Yet she wanted to help! I received her projects on Saturday! She got so much done as by the time she found out about it there wasn't much time AND she works! I will keep her anonymous since I haven't asked if I could share her identity. But I think her projects are beautiful and in my excitement I wanted to share! 
                        A beautiful baby sweater, hat, bootie set.


              My camera doesn't do this scarf pattern justice. Love it! 


                           I love the color of this mauve scarf!


It's just very cool to me when we can all work together toward common, wonderful goals!!


"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2


I've had decluttering on my mind. Honestly I would love to get rid of 80% of my possessions. The hardest part of decluttering is *cutting my losses.* It is accepting that I bought things I shouldn't have and it is getting rid of things I'd like to keep but can't keep if I want to meet my goal of having a home that is easier to keep uncluttered. I really don't want *storage*, those horrible boxes in the basement and attic. I don't mind off season clothes or Christmas decorations...that sort of thing...but boxes of stuff we THINK we need? No thank you!! But it IS hard to part with things. However, I know it will feel very freeing so it's worth it!


On the other hand I am beginning to work more on shopping sales for food and stocking up a bit more than usual when I see a sale on something we use often (staples). Those pesky gas and oil prices are a good reminder to use our money wisely and save as much as possible when I can. I don't plan to get anywhere *extreme couponing* but I know I can do a lot better than I am now. I had planned on buying the Sunday paper to get the coupons but forget. However I did still find some good sales. Better luck next week with the coupons! 


I hope you are having a wonderful spring! I know many are having some pretty scary storms. What is keeping you busy this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!