Friday, April 29, 2011

Looking forward to May!

I've been kinda quiet here this week. Sometimes I am just quiet...hopefully I've been listenin'...I've definitely been knitting!! It's been awhile and it feels good to have picked it up again. :) Above you can see my efforts!! I'd like to make some knit hats soon. I am looking for a good free pattern! You know those knit caps young men wear? I'd like to make those!


BUT, it's time to put the knitting aside for a bit. Instead I'll:


~DECLUTTER: I told my husband I am going to get a bunch of boxes and declutter like we're moving out! I am excited about it and I found someone I can donate to who is having a yard sale at the end of May. That'll give me a good deadline and will make me finish in time to...


~PLANT: Here in Maine you can't really plant seriously until Memorial Day. I don't usually grow too much as my soil is poor. But I'd like to increase by one small raised bed per year. I'd like to at least plant tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, peas, and peppers. Then I have rhubarb, mint, oregano, and chive. I also love annuals. :) 


Of course I can't forget that in the middle of May we will graduate our first homeschool student! Exciting stuff!!! 


Once planting is done it's time to just kick back and enjoy summer. We love to go to the beach (both ocean and lake) and spend time with our friends. This year we're shopping for some affordable kayaks too. I know the kids would love those out on the lake!! 


"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share." 1 Timothy 6:18

2 comments:

  1. We have just started our spring garden of lettuce, spinach, and brocllii. I love your washclothes, my mom no longer makes them, and I that is not a skill I have. Wondering if you ever sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Margery I can sell them to you. I'll leave a note on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!