Monday, March 14, 2011

We Lose Our Way, We Get Back Up Again!

Today I am working on "getting back on track"! I love that song by Toby Mac, "We lose our way we get back up again!" It's so true. Every day, every moment is a new day, a new moment. There was a verse shared in church yesterday that I quickly wrote down, "for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity."(Proverbs 24:16) Love that!!

Memory Verses: I am working on the last two verses today and thankfully they go together. I am to pick a new one tomorrow. I have an idea for which one... But today, I'll work on my last two which are Psalm 130: 5-6
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning." 

Bible Reading I am not doing too badly with this. I fell off the bandwagon a little last week. I was reading the Bible, but different passages for devotionals and writings and a research project. So, this week I need to get back on schedule and do some double time. The program I am using is easily adaptable and I check off the passages as I do  them. If I read a passage I check it off even if it is "out of order", so to speak. But I really do want to get back on track.

Organization in the Kitchen: Good gravy! I struggle with menu plans and getting to the grocery store!! So...I am back at it again. This is going to become a good habit if it kills me!! haha! Today I had my kids write a list of lunches that they want for this week. That way I only have to figure out suppers.
Let's see...
Monday night: Steak, face down baked potatoes, corn.
Tuesday night: Ham in the crock pot, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday night: Seafood Chowder with soda crackers
Thursday night: Chicken parmesan, pasta and sauce, salad
Friday night: Out to Eat likely since my boys are going to a basketball game.
Saturday: I am thinking maybe Chinese fried rice and chicken teriyaki made at home...

School Organization : I have a pile of papers that I have procrastinated dealing with for longer than I would like to admit. Hopefully today is the day? YES!! Today is the day!!

I am not giving up on my goals this year! I am not!

Today, when we all stumble out of bed bleary eyed (yea daylight savings) I was tempted to overhaul our homeschooling schedule. I was tempted to lift my strictness with our beginning time and let the kids just kind of set their own schedule. But, I realize that we just need time to adjust and though the first subject of the morning is tough, we do really like being done early. So, we'll keep on keepin' on and keep giving our bodies a good push 'til it falls in line!

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

What goals are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!