Friday, March 11, 2011

All in a Day's...

I love Fridays! They have a "laid-back" feeling to them! The kids all handle their own school schedules and I am available if they need help but they are mostly independent with a lighter schedule or a "catch-up" day. We all know the weekend is all but here so there is a happy mood all around. 

Today, of course, the news is on as we hear of the devastation in Japan. How absolutely terrible. I am praying for the people of Japan! I was amazed at some of the video. A residential street was shown during the earthquake itself and not ONE house toppled! I can't even imagine what we would be hearing if they didn't have such well constructed buildings. But still...I cannot imagine. So, as we go about our day, we are praying and mindful of the sufferings of others around the world! (I opted to not share a "Friday Funny" today. It just seemed a little insensitive.)

I've done some writing today (At The Christian Homekeeper ) and I am nailing down the final details on a devotional I will give at our Church's ladies brunch tomorrow (called "Turning Worry to Worship"). I am cleaning and tidying and keeping the laundry flowing. In a few minutes I am going to take some time to knit and read in order to relax a bit. I didn't sleep much last night and it hasn't hit me yet but I am sure I will feel it at some point. :) Maybe not...at the very least I bet I'll sleep good tonight!! 

I have a little recipe to share with you today. I get more requests for this recipe than anything else I cook because if I share a weekly menu, this WILL be on it. We eat it once per week because I have one child ADDICTED to it. But it's the simplest little soup, so much so that I am usually a little embarrassed to share it ! If my sisters read, they'll chuckle for sure. It was a little soup my mother made and thus is a bit of a "comfort food" for me. As an adult I've realized it's a great little base soup to throw all manner of yummy things in. :) To all you *non packaged food foodies* I apologize and you can skip this recipe. ;)

Spaghetti Soup

I always double this but here is the NON-doubled version. 


1 envelope of "Lipton Soup Secrets Noodle Soup" (the red box)
4 cups of water
1 can of tomatoes (14.5 oz), pureed
4 hand fulls of water pasta is in the house (we used 3 of elbows, one small of spagetti).


In a pan, add water, soup packet and pureed tomatoes. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Cook until pasta is done.


My favorite way to eat this is with mozzarella cheese on it. If I really was to push it over the top I add a dollop of sour cream. Sometimes I add a little salsa too. Once I added black beans, salsa, cheese and sour cream. It was sooo good. 


This is definitely a nice tasting soup and easy on the budget! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!