Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Homekeeper's Journal 2/22/11

If you would like to participate in The Homekeeper's Journal go on over to The Christian Homekeeper


This week's Homekeeper's Journal is about homemaking and being gentle.


In my kitchen this week...I have found a couple of extra teenagers to feed. There's a pot roast in the oven for tonight. :) 


On my mind this week...Plans for a Ladies Brunch at church. I also have decluttering around the house on my mind as well as rescheduling the rest of our school year.


Gentleness is one of the Fruit of the Spirit so as a Christian …Check my tone before I speak especially around my family. Since I am most comfortable with them, I also tend to be unfiltered!


When the Bible says that Moses was the meekest of all men (Numbers 12:3), it reminds me that …Being the most meek is a contest I should try to win! ;)


The gentle person has died to self, so when I am gentle in situations that cause others to be angry and violent (Proverbs 16:32; 25:28) …That with God all things are truly possible!! Truthfully though, it would be a sign that my attitude is controlled by the Spirit which is what I want with my whole being! 


Knowing that gentleness is not cowardice or lack of conviction (1 Peter 22-23), I am encouraged to …Be gentle even in times when firmness and sticking to one's boundaries is necessary. Often times I can either be gentle and not hold to my boundaries or hold to my boundaries but in angry. The trick is to be firm AND gentle. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!