Monday, January 31, 2011

A Memorial Stone~Early Years of Marriage

My word for 2011 is "TRUST". I thought it would be valuable to think back on those times when we prayed and were able to see God working and moving in our life.

My husband and I were married in 1990. I was a full time Bible College Student. He had just graduated from Bible College. He got a job framing artwork and we found a little (really little actually!) apartment in downtown Portland, Maine. What he was making was barely minimum wage by today's standards. We were literally relying on God day by day for our meals and the covering of our meager bills.

Not long after we were married, my college contacted me and told me that my immunizations were behind. If I didn't get that updated, then I would have to leave school. I was only 3 semesters from graduating! We prayed. We had no money for me to go to the doctor.

That same week I came home after school and checked my mail and there was a check for $30.00 as a late wedding present from someone! We called a local health clinic to see what the price would be for the immunization I needed. They said it would cost $13.00. We were elated!!

Then the thought...we could go and buy a pizza for supper and still have enough for the clinic! But wait...since money was so tight we decided that getting the pizza would be irresponsible so we ate at home and then left for the clinic.

When we went to pay after the appointment the receptionist said, "That will be $28.00 please." WHAT?! Well, as it turned out, the IMMUNIZATION was $13.00 but there was an $15.00 base charge for every appointment! Boy were we glad we didn't get that pizza! God had provided just what we needed + $2.00. Maybe I should have calculated that gas that we used to drive there...I bet we would have found it came to $2.00!

God is so good! He provides just what we need.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!