Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Menu Plans and Memory Verses-Keepin' it all Together! :)

Menus:
If you know me really well, then you know that I am most definitely NOT a naturally organized person. Not only is order against my natural grain, I am also quite distractable. For the sake of my family and my sanity, organization is something I continue to work on.  There's a part of me that wants to believe that organization just takes too much time and that there are "more important things" to work on, but really in the end it SAVES me time! For example, if I have a menu plan I don't have to stare at the cupboards trying to fathom what I could have possibly been thinking when I went grocery shopping. Or worse, I won't get distracted while staring at said cupboards and end up cleaning them out and forgetting altogether why I was standing there in the first place!! Sylvia from Christian Homekeepers (a friend and very organized person...smile...) had her menu's up today so that reminded me to post mine. :) And, I was actually ready too which is a bonus! Progress... You can see hers at Christian Homekeeper Network .

For this week my goal was 5 days worth of suppers due to how our pay happens. I'll be out again at the end of the week. Also rather than say which day is which I like having enough days worth of menus but having the flexibility of changing my mind on which day is which. 

Breakfasts: Yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels (w/cream cheese or p'butter), cold cereal,  makin's for pancakes or french toast.

Lunches: Spaghetti soup, Buttered noodles and turkey bacon, leftovers of various sorts, pizza, zippa toscana soup, chicken nuggets and oven fries.

Suppers:
1. Seafood chowder,
2. Broiled chicken w/bbq sauce, baked potatoes, corn, sliced cukes,
3. Beef tips and gravy in crockpot, rice, broccoli/cauliflower mix, garden salad,
4. Penne and meat sauce, italian bread,
5. Tacos 

Memory Verses:
Today was also the day to declare the next Bible verse I plan to memorize on Beth Moore's blog. You can join in too! Her blog is: Living Proof Ministries . :) You just go and add your verse in the comments section. I am so excited to be memorizing Scripture because it helps keep God's truth running through my head. Sometimes I'll wake up with one of my verses running through my head. It really helps my thought-life!


The verse I chose this time is Isaiah 30:18 which in the NIV says:
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him."

Isn't it just awesome that the Lord longs to be gracious to us? He rises to show us compassion. I need this reminder. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom but only when my fear is based on truth, not on what I imagine! I am asking to hear from God. I am believing that he is leading me and nothing can thwart his plan for me. I am trusting him to do it. I am trying my hardest to cling to him and find my indentity in him. In him, I have an unshakeable destiny and an unshakeable future (from our Sunday sermon). That's just awesome, awesome, praise the Lord!

My other two verses that I have memorized this year are: Isaiah 48:17 and 2 Corinthians 10:5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!