Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's a Cozy, Sleepy, Make a Soup Kinda Day...

I am slowly coming back to my kitchen! Normally I love to cook in the winter but this year I couldn't find my normal motivation. Now I am thinking that it was a lack of planning, because as soon as I started menu planning and pouring over recipes the motivation came back. I am sure my husband is relieved to get a little variety even if he hasn't said anything! ;)
Today's the kind of day that screams soup. My boys were at a youth event last night so I didn't sleep well and I was wide awake at *0-dark thirty*. Add to that a little bit of a chill and voila...enough motive to make soup! :)
I had grand plans for all I was going to get done today. But I made the mistake of putting on an electric blanket this afternoon. Immediately my shih tzu grabbed a share and lay at my feet. Warm soup + warm blanket +cozy puppy = not-much-gets-done...
Maybe I'll muster up the energy to reheat a bowl of soup later...that'll get me up...and while it's heating maybe I'll do up the dishes...and maybe that'll be the catalyst to get more done...and maybe I'll resist the warm blanket...
What kind of soup you ask? It's my friend Sylvia's Beef and Barley Soup Recipe...mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!