Monday, January 17, 2011

Colorblind~An Idea I Hope is Long Gone!


I don't want to be Colorblind. I don't hear the suggestion too much these days and I hope it is because we have realized how much a Colorblind person misses. Years ago, I heard it alot. "If only we were all colorblind, there would be no race issues." Really? Personally, I don't think hate will end anymore than sin will end with a solution as easy as "colorblindness". Honestly, in my opinion, saying I desire to be colorblind so that I don't notice the color of another's skin is still racism.
I want to see color. I don't want to miss the color of someone's skin any more than I want to miss the color of their eyes or their hair. It's just beautiful. Why would I want to miss beauty? My God created these colors. Why would I want to miss His creation?
We all came from Adam and Eve and then from Noah and his family. That means to genetic code for every skin/hair/eye color etc. had to be in their genetic code. I always thought it would be cool to find at least one person of every possible shade and line them up from lightest to darkest. Then we would not only see one race flow gently into another but we would see an intermixing of shades within different races.
Every human is created in the image of God. I want to drink up the beauty of each one. It's a blessing that can be appreciated or missed. I don't want to miss it, not one moment.
"Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground. So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!