Sunday, January 16, 2011

Praying for the Pastor

It's so important to be praying for our pastors. I've been noticing some great passages that we can pray on their behalf and I thought I would share them here.

Isaiah 50:4-5
"The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears, and I have not been rebellious; I have not drawn back."

Sovereign Lord, please give Pastor --- an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. Please awaken him morning by morning, to listen to You as one being taught. Sovereign Lord, open his ears, I pray and help him to not be rebellious or draw back. Amen

Colossians 1:9-12
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

Lord I pray that You would fill Pastor --- with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. I pray he would live a life worthy or you, Lord and would please You in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to Your glorious might so that he would have great endurance and patience, and that he would joyfully give thanks to You, who has qualified him to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!