Monday, December 6, 2010

Thankful Celebrations




It hit me extra hard this year for some reason. I was taken back to that horrible day when my second born son was accidentally dropped by someone trying to help me with him on his first Sunday at church. He was 4 weeks old and we were told he had a double fracture, each running the length of each side of his skull.







I picture myself crying, needing hope. I opened my Bible to find some comfort.My eyes laid on the page thinking I would read from the Psalms. I had opened to Psalm 34:20: "He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken." That passage was my hope and prayer. I am so thankful for the answer to that prayer.



Last Friday, on December 3rd, Christian turned 14 years old. Whether he's driving me crazy or cracking me up, I am so thankful God gave him to us and let him stay with us. I am thankful for the healing God gave him and that he is able to go through life with a healthy mind and body. :) I hope I never forget to appreciate what we were given.





Christian is smart, funny, sensitive and persistent. He loves Jesus, his family, and his friends. He lives life to the fullest and isn't afraid to walk to the beat of his own drum (even when he's playing the drums...lol). He lives his faith without apology. There's never a danger of boredom as long as he's around!!



Happy Birthday to Christian...and many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!