Friday, September 20, 2013

FUNSCHOOL Friday!

Good morning friends!

I am soooo happy it's Friday!! We're three weeks into our school year and this Mama's bushed!! I could feel my body trying to convince my mind to give up all week! It didn't help that I over-planned with a doctors appointment for one and hair appointments for 7 out of 8 of us. Then add soccer and a van repair and stir for one messy concoction!! 

Usually on Wednesdays, the kids get to help me do some baking for our church youth group. But not this week... Here's a pic from out last baking day though... I'm just sharing it 'cause it's cute and I can ;) !

We actually had made 3 chocolate cakes, each with pumpkin candies on top and yes, we kept some samplin's! YUM. :) 

TODAY, we get to go on a FIELD TRIP!! We're going apple picking!! Last fall we were in Nicaragua and missed our colored leaves and apple picking. I am very excited to enjoy all the fall fun! 

Then this afternoon, we'll have friends over for a science experiment idea they gave us...LAVA LAMPS!! 

It's a school day but a FUNSCHOOL day! 

Here's my verse in celebration of the day ;) :

"The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one shepherd. Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body." ~Ecclesiastes 12:11-12

1 comment:

  1. I know you are beyond busy but the memories you are making are well worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!