Saturday, March 9, 2013

Settling In, Settling Down

            Our latest homeschool project! 

There's a new "peace" in the house. Moments to hours with contented activities. Like the coming of the warmth in spring, these times are popping in and out, a promise of what IS to come if we keep "at it" and don't give up!

I had asked the Adoption Ministry at my church to pray and I know others who are praying us as well. I do not take ONE prayer for granted! Of course, I add my pleas in the wee hours of the morning and throughout the day. I am seeing God answer and bring healing. 

"But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." Malachi 4:2

In those *contented quiet moments* (which are so different from fearful quiet or indifferent quiet or angry quiet), I make mention to my husband or older kids, "Listen, it's the sound of HEALING!" More often chaotic moments are *happy chaos* which is much nicer than the noise of *just plain chaos*! 

I am missing those 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. risings that I had in Nicaragua. I could have so much solitude and get my heart ready for the day. I'm trying my hardest to get up as soon as possible but it's so much harder at home in my own comfy bed with my warm electric blanket and the cold floors! I am pretty sure the time change is not going to help me much! ;) 

I've been getting in the habit of putting on worship music when the family is up and I am making breakfast. This extends that "preparation feeling" for me. 

When I am well read up, prayed up and worshipped up, I can take the day so much better without letting unexpected snags give me a panicked feeling. I can focus on *patience*, *hope*, and *gratitude* so much more. Such a difference, SUCH a difference!

It has always amazed me that I can have NO where I have to go but still feel a *hurried pressure* to accomplish the list that floats in my head! I have to battle that *Type A* tendency because it sinks into my emotions and I end up driving myself and everyone else through the day. *gah* So, we're all on a healing path! 

He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.” ~Exodus 15:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!