Friday, February 1, 2013

They Teach Me

Stickers on ears for earrings, face paint for make up, princess dresses, hot chocolate with little marshmellows...

It's always a new and fresh look to see your life through another's eyes. My 4 little sweeties have shown me so much about my life since we came home:

"Mama, the steak is soft, thank you Mama."

Every morning during shower time:
"The water is DELICIOUS!"

"Barbie is on my towel!!" Or "Look, the moon on my towel!!"

Then there's the "Ooooo!" every time fleece socks are put on feet.

Every shampoo, hair product, soap, and lotion is thoroughly sniffed and proclaimed as "Beautiful!" 

And don't even get them started on clothes fresh and warm from the dryer, fleece blankets on bed, our fluffy dog whose fur they bury their faces into...

When I watch them play outside I can't help but notice they don't just sled down a hill...they get a big running start and DIVE onto the sled, giving me a heart attack every time!! 

They're teaching me to pay ATTENTION to life, to those blessings I bypass in the name of GETTING THINGS done. They're teaching me to dive into life headlong to get the best ride possible...

"Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment." ~1 Timothy 6:17

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." ~1 Thessalonians 5:18


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!