Saturday, February 2, 2013

No Desire to Be Sane


I so wish this picture wasn't blurry because I just love their facial expressions!! 


"Your children were nearly grown and you had so much free time. What were you thinking?"
(I was thinking at least 147 million children were in need of a home and I could not ignore them for 1 more minute!)
"You didn't think, did you? You just did it!"
(Yes, God said, "Do it." And I did it. For once...)
"You're crazy to adopt four kids!!" 
(I know. I'm okay with that. If I continue to obey God I'm gonna look a lot worse so you might want to prepare yourself!!)

This week I hit "crash and burn" on about Wednesday. The adrenaline burst I enjoyed from getting to come home dissipated and I realized that I was really, really tired. I am pretty sure I acted quite grouchy as I handed out chores to everyone around (hopefully all those people are at least in my family; I don't quite remember ;)  ). 

On Thursday, one of my sons had a Dr.'s appointment. "I'll take him!!!" I cried, maybe a little TOO enthusiastically. That oh so long wait in the waiting room was glorious! I didn't read. I didn't chat. I just sat and looked out the window. Glorious, I tell you!

On Friday I had a hair appointment to cut off 6 months of hair that grew while I was in Nicaragua...and plans with a friend at night. Our youngest son (and the oldest of our 4 sweeties) had plans to go to a friends house for the afternoon. When I returned home at supper time he wasn't home yet...and my heart kinda sunk...'cause I missed him...'cause there was an empty chair at the table. 

After a great evening with a girlfriend, I got out of my car and one of my little girls was tapping on the bedroom window to greet me! Inside there were 6 children ready with multiple hugs and kisses and my 6 year old eager to dance spin around her room to show me what she "practiced" that day. I was home. My home. My family.

Today I am so happy to be home. I'm refreshed and ready for a relaxing day with my family. I am glad my house isn't too quiet or too clean. I'm glad it's full of children. I may be crazy, but I am happy crazy!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." Ephesians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!