Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Am I Suppose to Just WAIT Here?


"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." ~Psalm 27:14

You know, it's one thing to believe certain doctrines. It's another to live them out. Someone (many someones) have said that you truly learn one's character when life gets difficult. Their real selves are literally "pressed out". In waiting for our adoption to be complete and in waiting to return home, I have been feeling "pressed out" for sure. Some days I haven't liked what I've seen "come out". But I am so thankful that God's mercies are new every morning.

I've been doing some reading in the Bible and thinking about what it means to "wait on the Lord." Sometimes I mistakenly think I'm just suppose to sit here and wait until God moves and I get to go home. But the Bible doesn't say, "wait until God decides to move." 

However the passages I find tell me to "wait ON THE LORD." It's a focused wait, focused on the Lord. So, I am trying to spend every spare moment reading my Bible, praying, listening to worship music until my head is too tired to think. Spending so much time with the Lord really does bring me peace and strength to keep going each day and not get mowed over by the inevitable delays of adoption. I try not to worry about what is being missed and who is being missed (way more than 1 "who" and I try to think of them fondly but not in a depressive "I can't live without them" way ;) and I try to be very happy for them when I hear of them having good times  ). I am waiting ON THE LORD.

Secondly, we've been here long enough to start to brainstorm about how to bring hope to those around us and relief as well. We're hatching plans to provide food and the hope that we have found in Jesus. Here, people seem to enjoy hearing of our faith. It seems much more culturally acceptable and welcome. I am feeling a burden to make the most of our time here. 

Thirdly, we are here to bond with our newest family members. Each day I try to think about how to focus more on this and how to create special memories together. Some days it's a bit harder than you might think. Some days it's quite easy. But every day progress is made and love is growing. 

Am I suppose to just wait here? No, every day has a purpose, every situation. I just need to live out my purpose, hopefully with gladness! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!