Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Listening to One


"I expect that paper to be signed in two weeks...on Monday...on Friday...next week..."

"We'll schedule that meeting and call you tomorrow..."

"Don't worry...it'll be soon..."

"I expect it any day..."

I smile and nod. I pleasantly say, "Thank you." And then I promptly try to forget what I was told. My help comes from the Lord. Period. Our adoption is 100% between us and God. If there is one thing I am learning, it is to never hope in man...or organizations...or courts. My hope is in the Lord. He called me to this and only He can bring it to fruition. Only He can move hearts to action. Only He can give us favor with man. 

New hoops are thrown up for me to jump through. I go to the Lord..."Lord, help me jump high and through this hoop." God provides, God enables...

If I keep my eyes fixed on my God, then I don't feel victimized by situations or false promises or empty hopes. I don't get angry. I can keep giving grace. I can smile. I can continue. I know who is in control. Just keep praying, just keep praying...

I lay it down, I lay it down again. I will listen to THE TRUTH and God is TRUTH. 


"For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?

 It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.

 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You make your saving help my shield,
and your right hand sustains me;
your help has made me great."
Psalm 18:31-35



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!