Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tucked Under

                                                   Across the top of Jinotepe

My friend Tina and I had a good laugh today. She's here in Nicaragua visiting us for several weeks. We were having fun saying things like: "If someone had told you a year ago that you'd be living for an unknown period in Nicaragua to adopt 4 children..." "What if someone had told you TEN years ago!" You likely know the answer... I'd have laughed and told them they were nuts! 

But if they had said I'd be fine with my husband leaving to go to the states for 2 days and leave me here...

Or sitting here waiting for him to come home all alone in the living room with all the windows wide open with no screens and noises I can't even identify and here I am on my laptop writing a blog post...

...and at peace! This is how God works. He plants a dream in your heart, makes it sound like a great idea, and then makes your dream come true! 

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."  ~Psalm 37:4


He brings you to hard places to do hard things and then tucks you up under his grace and peace.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~John 14:27

I have not had a moment of fear with my husband gone. Really, it is quite remarkable, totally and completely NOT me! 

There have been many times in my life that God's peace has been quite tangible and strongly felt. Each time it has been during difficulty. God's peace makes the trial quite worth it. It's an awesome feeling to *know* God's peace and presence! 

I could have missed it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!