Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blessings

Pillow fight...i.e. *boy bonding!*


The above picture is purposely blurry. I am dying to show my friends more of our life and blessings but we must refrain from pictures of the children. If you have been a foster parent, you understand. :) After yesterday's confessions I really wanted to give balance with the *rest of the story.*

I bet I've said it before but I am still kind of shocked that bringing four children into our home feels so normal and right. I rarely think: "Holy cow!! There's four more of us!" And I usually think such a thought when we go clothes shopping or when I was hand washing laundry (A thing of the past thanks to my awesome washing machine!! I am perfectly fine with hanging it all on the clothes line! The washing was the killer!) 

I love my kids: all 7! If you've been around my blog long enough you have heard plenty about my older 3. Let me tell you about my younger 4. 

They love to ride on their razor scooters, watch movies, and play in the water. They made up a game of scooter soccer where you dribble the ball while riding your razor scooter. They love people and going to new places and trying new foods. They know what they like and they know what they don't like. 

They love to help! This morning my 7 year old daughter wash the floors and then asked to beat the welcome rug. She cleaned the sun room. Whenever you start a chore, one or more of them will likely join you. 

They love to cook and do anything to help prepare the meal. I can't wait til I am back in America and can get the ingredients to do some baking with them! 

They love to run and jump and play and smile and laugh and joke and quote movies and make puzzles and give hugs! They say "I love you" easily. They love to play. They love to mimic our "Spanglish" (sorry attempts at new Spanish words) and mimic our English. They love to scream high pitched screams while playing. They love to pray.

Today, they will love celebrating one brother's 9th birthday!! They'll enjoy pizza and cake and a pinata! 

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thess. 5:18

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful family anyone would be blessed and proud to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!