Saturday, September 1, 2012

Beauty Awaits

"To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord. Commit to the Lord whatever you do , and your plans will succeed. The Lord works out everything for his own ends--even the wicked for a day of disaster." 
Proverbs 16:1-4


He picked this from a tree, this pod-like thing. I hoped it wasn't a variety of plantain that he would expect us to eat! But no; he removed the bottom that was like an easy-to-remove cap...and out burst...


It was like fireworks! A beautiful flower popped out! The smell was amazing!


So much like life...

I see the "pod" and have my own expectations, not knowing what beauty awaits. I'm tempted to walk away from the yellow/green pod, not realizing what beauty WOULD HAVE been for me if I had waited for it...

I see that my husband's fingerprints are unreadable, that the hard copy takes 2 weeks to get to the USCIS in the USA and there is no guarantee it will even be readable. The earliest date to get them taken in America is Sept. 18th and even then they were scheduled in Maine and not in Miami so we must make all those calls to straightened it out. I am fearful of delays...

I don't know what beauty awaits...

God show me. Keep me rooted in You. Don't let me miss out on what you intend to show me...to show us all. Keep my family focused on You. Call us ALL. 

Let us drink in every drop you have for us, every reason we are in Nicaragua. Let us glorify You here. Let us build Your Kingdom here. Keep us clinging to You, waiting in full trust. 

I will wait...in expectation of the beauty I know He will reveal! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!