Thursday, June 28, 2012

God Sure Knows How to Knit!

(Wouldn't you love to sit at this table with friends/family for a picnic? So serene and peaceful!!)

There are many blessings within our adoption. Of course, the biggest one is adding 4 little blessings to our family! I am so excited my heart wants to EXPLODE! I can't wait to give them *momma-love*! 

But outside of that, everyday are new blessings. Yesterday, my husband and I ventured out to do some business with our credit union and then to get shots to protect us as we travel outside the country. 

At the credit union, one of the ladies who helped us has also adopted...twice. It blessed me to see her eyes fill with tears as we talked about our adoption. It encouraged me to hear about her children and her family!

Then, we went to get our shots. No fun, right? Well first we saw one of our neighbors who is a good friend and had a good chat. But then, we were OVERWHELMED with ladies who worked at the doctor's office who wanted to hear all about our adoption! They just gushed!! One of the ladies there has a sister who has adopted 6 children: 4 from Guatemala and 2 from Russia!! She offered to connect me to her if I ever needed help and encouragement. I left with a sore arm but a full heart! 

Mother to mother, my heart is knit together with complete strangers! 

Then there's my church...we are a church who LOVES children and each other! We're not perfect but we do have LOVE! 

I've had so many offers of help! At least 3 people have offer to take my dog while we're gone. Someone made me a meal on a bad day during this process. Someone else just offered to mow my lawn while we are gone so my house looks inhabited. At least 3 people have offered to take over my paperwork if I have to leave early. Then of course there is the one who has offered to come with me to Nicaragua and help me take care of the children while my husband puts in his work hours! Then there's those friends I email for prayer and encouragement, those shoulders I've cried on, the visits that give me needed distractions...

And I can't forget the family God put in Nicaragua to adopt ahead of me! Our hearts have become knit with strong cords that only God can create! I can't imagine having gone through this process without them. They have helped us in every way. They have put us before their own needs multiple times. They point me to Jesus and teach me to look for God's blessings on hard days! 

I am so blessed that God encourages me daily through these people! God sure knows how to knit...

"I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God's mysterious plan, which is Christ Himself." Colossians 2:2


1 comment:

  1. Karen, that is so wonderful. I remember a post you did on a day you were discouraged. So good to see you happy and excited again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!