Saturday, April 14, 2012

How Amazing is the Love of God

This morning I am sitting here with my morning coffee thinking about how amazingly loving and merciful my Heavenly Father is. My husband is in Nicaragua loving on kids with no mommies and daddies, feeding and clothing those in need, sharing the hope of the gospel. God cares about this ministry. It is His HEART. At the same time a beautiful Christian family from our church body is there completing the adoption of their son. Oh, how God cares and He is MOVING on their behalf.


Meanwhile, my pastor is in HAITI visiting the son his family is in the process of adopting, visiting the other children there who are waiting to come home, comforting children who need comfort and sharing his daddy love. God is PLEASED with that, He is there loving and helping and comforting. We are praying God will bring these children home. We know He will. 


And here I am...preparing for a Youth Bowling event where I and the other leaders will take 30+ teens out for bowling and pizza. And I am nervous and praying all will go well. I have concerns in mind that I am asking God to take on for me. If I were God I would say, "Suck it up!!! People are starving and orphaned and TRULY needy. What could you possibly know about THAT?" But that is NOT our God. Instead, He is providing for the things we need to make tonight a fun and safe night. He is MEETING me where I am and gently inviting me deeper with Him. He is saying, "Trust me and all will go well."


How often have I made my own kids' problems and concerns look minimal? Have I said to them, "Children are really suffering elsewhere. Quit worrying about the small stuff!" I pray not. I know I have at unguarded times. God forgive me. I pray I will follow God's example of loving them where they are and inviting them gently to go deeper with their Lord. 


"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." Zephaniah 3:17


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!