Sunday, March 4, 2012

When Your Prayer is Answered

I had shared here where I am spiritually these days. If you ask God to break your heart for what breaks His, and you seek after Him at the same time, chances are He is going to answer that prayer...unless you were already there...which I wasn't. 


Words are jumping off the page when I read the Bible. Like:


"The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern." Proverbs 29:7


And:


"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, 'But we knew nothing about this,' does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not He who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what He has done?" Proverbs 24:11-12


So what am I doing about it? Well, I am praying and seeking... I am going through scenarios and saying "yes". I am asking God to lead and show us: who? how? where? when? I am cleaning out my house and getting rid of the burden of stuff that would slow me down. 


And I am asking God each day, "who can I serve today?" As He opens opportunities, I say "yes." 


There's so much need in the world. Sometimes the task is so big and overwhelming I become comfortable in doing nothing. But "nothing" doesn't cut it. It's denial. I forget I am fighting a war and leave like I am in a time of peace. 


I hope my little "yeses" add up to bigger ones. I have more questions than answers.


"Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

2 comments:

  1. As I read this post, I again see my own journey in your words. I have been reading the book "Surrender" by Nancy L. DeMoss and it has been very convicting. God has been simply breaking my heart for those around me. It can feel so very overwhelming and I feel so small, but God is not! I can look back and see times that I missed an opportunity to serve and I have many regrets. I am trying to surrender each day, each moment and each "thing" in my life so that I am always available. I am also trying to simplify my life more so that I don't get so busy that I am tempted to pass over things. I am curious what exactly you mean when you say the "burden of stuff" that is slowing you down. Thank you for sharing with such an open heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. It is a blessing to have those around me who understand! I will check out the book you recommended and also post what I mean about the "burden of stuff." :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!