Thursday, February 9, 2012

He's Still Workin' on Me

Do you remember that little children's song? "He's still workin' on me, to make me what I oughta' be. It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars the sun and the Earth and Jupiter and Mars. How lovely and patient He must be, cause He's still workin' on me!" 


That's my story! It seems God has been working on me extra hard lately. It makes me kind of "quiet" online with my blog but I am going to try to remedy that. Really, I desire to be transparent as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. I can't really encourage anyone unless it is from an honest place.


I've been praying: "Lord break my heart for what breaks Yours." I want to see the hurt. I want God to show me where I could help and serve. Well, you know, first he shows me what in my own heart and life would break his heart.  It's hurts but it's a good hurt, a "get that splinter out of my hand" hurt. It hurts but repentance brings relief and cleansing from God. His grace is always enough.


"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:24


I know one thing that breaks God's heart that I see over and over in the Bible is the orphan, the distressed widow...


"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Over the years, my husband and I have prayed to be givers. We have consciously sought to not value money and to share. We try to share our time, talent and treasure. We've grown in that area. But you know what? This week I realized I haven't even scratched the surface. The days where my money is at it's lowest I am still a filthy rich American who has no clue what it feels like to be destitute, hungry, alone, without hope... And though I give, I don't think I fully realize what "sacrificial" means. I ask God, "How MUCH should I sacrifice?" Then I think, "What a dumb question! Give it ALL." What does "all" look like? I don't know yet... There's a video at the bottom of my post that gives  an example of some people who "get it." 


I have so much to learn. God is leading me in new paths. I have no answers, so far only questions. But I know God holds the answers. I am clinging to Him, reading His Word, and praying for wisdom. I believe He will show me. My pastor started a sermon series on "Wisdom". See what I mean? God is so good!! 


"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."  James 1:5-8

Warning: You might want to grab some tissues before watching this video...

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That video was amazing. Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for sharing. God has used this post to stir something in my own heart. May God bless you as you continue on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that encouragement. I am blessed that God used it. :)

      Delete
  2. "There really ought to be a sign upon my heart, 'don't judge me yet, there's an undfinished part' So thankful God continues to work on and in me.
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Patty H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me too, Patty, definitely for me too... :) You have a wonderful day too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!