Monday, January 2, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook January 2012


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...It's very dark as it is 7 p.m. :)

I am thinking...About decluttering/getting rid of stuff and all my little projects.

I am thankful...To have my son home from college, for a successful trip to Goodwill. :)

In the kitchen...Spaghetti soup is cooking on the stove.

I am wearing...Jeans, sneakers, a blue sweater.

I am creating...I'm going back to finish knitting my blanket after a Christmas break.

I am wondering...What God would have me to do in 2012.

I am reading...The Bible and A Love that Multiplies

I am looking forward to...my husband's vacation next week.

I am learning...to find joy in every situation.

Around the house...I am organizing, solving household problems, and decluttering. Also planning improvement projects.

I am pondering...How I can open my home more to others.

A favorite quote for today..."
Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!" Psalm 47:1


One of my favorite things...My family under one roof. :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...Youth Group, maybe dinner out with the family.

A picture I am sharing...


                            My Retro-Daughter's Favorite Christmas Present-A Vinyl Player!


6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things is our family all under one roof too. I also need to declutter. I enjoyed your Daybook today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna and thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the "opening home to more people". It seems that it is difficult to do in this day in time. I don't know why. Our door used to always be open and people are just too busy these days. Going to have to work on that one too! Thank you for the reminder!

    Visiting from SWDP!

    Tänia of
    Simply God's Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice day to me! Love your daughter's favorite gift...very cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your "opening home to more people" answer. I feel exactly the same way. I am so thrilled that we have the chance to host our church's mid-week prayer meeting for a few weeks while the church is under major renovation. I do wish that more people would just stop by unannounced and visit. I long to have a very "open" home that is welcoming to anyone.
    I am visiting from SWDB, by the way and I am a brand new homeschooling mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. Wish I had some spaghetti cooking on the stove too:) Excellent quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!