Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Problem Solved!

Having time over the holidays to sit and think and mull over our home, what I liked and didn't like about it I came to a realization that I was just living in our home for better or worse and not doing as much as I should about the stuff that was bugging me. Life is busy and goes by fast and I think it is easy to do what is set before me and to slip into living on the defense and not being proactive. So, it is time to step back up and get moving on these things! I've been looking for ideas online to solve our little issues and made a small step yesterday in that direction.

As long as we've lived here (10 years) we've had an issue with where to put our coats. Our sunroom, where the coat hooks are, is very cold in winter and no one likes putting on a cold coat! I find it very interesting how rare a proper coat closet is in Maine where it's cold so much of the year. When I visit the south it seems they are more likely to have a nice entry and coat closet in their homes. Funny! 

Anyway, light dawn that you can get those nice hooks that don't damage the wall so I put some up as you come into the house. :)


In our bathroom, under the sink, we have curling irons, a straightener and blow dryer and I had them in a box but the cords were always tangled together. What a pain! More of those nifty hooks and VOILA...


Problem solved!!

Another spot my house is missing is a broom closet. Mops and brooms really had no good home. I had a couple hanging from nails in the entrance to the basement. But really it wasn't working. So, I put a hanger on the back of the door:


Problem solved!

I'm telling you, this is THERAPY! ;) I am going to try to make one improvement every day. One small step a day and by the end of the year there should be a definite noticeable change! Exciting!! 

Our God is the biggest problem solver, isn't He? 

"For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!