Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jesus and...

(Photo & Editing courtesy of Rachel Twombly)

Lord I'll be content and satisfied if...

~I can pay my bills and live financially comfortable...
~If I have a house that is nice enough to feel good about when I have people over...
~If my children bring me honor...
~If my children live nearby...
~If I have more children...
~If my husband would...
~If I could lose that extra weight...
~If...
~If...

Jesus and...

"Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." Matthew 10:39

This is the lesson I am working on. I've been working on it all my life, however as I grow older God is helping me really see it, own it, define it. 

The good life is the life where my satisfaction is in Jesus ALONE, all by Himself. It's a life with open hands that prays, "Give what you want to give me, take what you want to take from me. My soul delights in YOU ALONE, O my God."

"Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple." Psalm 65:4

God has many good things for me. The problem is, I want to choose the ones He gives me. It doesn't work that way. In my striving, those things become too important. They become idols in my heart. "God I will be content in Your presence IF I can also have..."

Those things that I believe God has for me and has promised to give me? I can wait for those until He does it. He can do it. 

Remember Sarah? She was told God had a son for her, an heir, a nation. She knew it was hers. But she couldn't wait. So she set out to accomplish God's promise for her by giving her servant to her husband so that SHE could bear the son. It was a mess...and a lesson to me to never, never move ahead of God. Let HIM do it. 

He who created the Universe is strong enough...
He brought the animals TO Noah,
He shut the door to the Ark,
He provided a sacrifice for Abraham to replace his son, 
He divided the seas and rivers, 
He delivers his people,
He opens and shuts wombs, 
He brought forth a Son to save us,
He did it, He did it...

I desire a soul that is satisfied in Him that lives with hands and heart wide open...

Corrie Ten Boom said, "If have learned not to hold anything too tightly for it hurts when he pries my fingers loose."

I desire a heart that grows in sweetness as I grow in age. I don't want to grow hard and cold and bitter and angry as the losses of this life pile up. I want to hope in a greater Kingdom and be satisfied in Jesus, just Jesus, only Jesus...

"Why should the nations ask us, "Where is your God?"  Our God is in heaven; he does whatever he wishes. Their gods are made of silver and gold, formed by human hands. They have mouths, but cannot speak, and eyes, but cannot see. They have ears, but cannot hear, and noses, but cannot smell. They have hands, but cannot feel, and feet, but cannot walk; they cannot make a sound. May all who made them and who trust in them become like the idols they have made. Trust in the Lord, you people of Israel. He helps you and protects you. Trust in the Lord, you priests of God. He helps you and protects you. Trust in the Lord, all you that worship him. He helps you and protects you. The Lord remembers us and will bless us; he will bless the people of Israel and all the priests of God. He will bless everyone who honors him, the great and the small alike." Psalm 115:2-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!