Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Stuck in the Mud




 Some days I get stuck in the mud. I feel like I am just spinning my wheels. I can even forget how to get out. I felt like that today. There was plenty to do and plenty I wanted done but there was no motivation. Ever feel that way? 


The best thing is always to pray and ask God first. I usually spin for awhile before the Light dawns... Once I get there God is so faithful. Today the verse came to my mind:


"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22


The diagnosis? Dry.bones. The cure? A cheerful heart.


Many times my biggest battle is the battle against my *self.* You know what I have noticed in the Old Testament about battles? Those on God's side usually start with singing. They send out the choir first. I love that!!


Check out the battle in 2 Chronicles 20. All God's people did was sing and then the Lord fought the battle on their behalf himself.


"Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.” After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying:

“Give thanks to the LORD,
for his love endures forever.”

 As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated. The Ammonites and Moabites rose up against the men from Mount Seir to destroy and annihilate them. After they finished slaughtering the men from Seir, they helped to destroy one another."


How cool is THAT? So how did I get unstuck? You guess it...I turned on the tunes and did a little singing. Before I knew it my chores were done and I was sitting and knitting while I continued to listen. Chris August's "I'm Gonna Sing" was quite effective so I shared it for you above. 

Here's my favorite little piece:

"Here it is, inside out
All will know what I’m about.
I’m not holding back now

I won’t deny what You have done.
You are my saving One.
I’m not holding back

I’m gonna sing
I’m gonna dance
I’m gonna praise You
Like I never had the chance.

And I’m gonna run
Like I’ve been set free
I’m gonna live
All for You my King."


2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Karen!

    Oh, I know just how you feel. Sometimes it is so difficult to get out of our own way! There is always so much to be done...and we can sometimes be our own worst enemy! I love your idea of "singing and praising" as you work...I often have either hymns or classical music going as I'm working through daily chores...it seems to keep me moving along at a steady pace!

    Hope all is well with you and your lovely family. Can you believe how warm it is for November in Maine? Certainly different from last year.

    Have a blessed day, my friend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!! It's nice to "see" you!! Yes I am loving this fall!! Most days I can't believe how blue the sky is! And the temps are so nice...I am savoring each day. :) Funny how it all started with a snow storm!!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!