Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Day's Simple Joys

In life there are many harsh realities and so much suffering. I have days when I could cry a million tears. Sadness can consume me in certain situations or if I allow my mind to dwell on certain heartaches if I am not careful. 

As I grow older I find myself trying harder and harder to pray and leave the trouble and heartaches in the hands of my capable God. I try to trust him to show me if there is some action I should take. I take whatever action I can. Then I search like crazy for blessings and joys. 

This morning Rachel looked out our back window and started yelling, "Turkeys!! Turkeys!!" There were 6 turkeys in our back yard!! This is very rare for us. Though I live in the woods, our land lots are very small. It's not at all an ideal habitat for wildlife other than squirrels.

The past couple of years we've had deer wandering through our yard. Our first 8 years here I didn't see any deer. Maybe the word is out that we have a bit of woods, a nice lake and where ever you wander you are still too close to people for a hunter to take aim! ;) 

I tried to creep as quietly as I could onto my back deck so as not to startle them and to get some good pictures. They kept wandering behind trees! I loved hearing their faint gobbles! 


This afternoon, while I was doing yard work, they were in the trees between my yard and my neighbor's. I didn't see them until they all took off at once FLYING! Really, they are kinda big. I was surprised they could fly! It was cool. I wished I had my camera in hand but I probably would have missed the camera AND the view of them flying together for fumbling with my camera.

I do love being home and the simple joys of being out in the yard on a beautiful fall day enjoying the bug-less season! My neighborhood is so quiet that sometimes all I can hear are the birds singing and the squirrels chattering. Today I could also hear the leaves falling. It was really just amazing and so relaxing. I hated for it to end...

"How many are your works, LORD! 
In wisdom you made them all; 
the earth is full of your creatures. 
There is the sea, vast and spacious, 
teeming with creatures beyond number— 
living things both large and small."
Psalm 104:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!