Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crazy September!!

September always seems kinda crazy to me. Everything is starting up from school to sports to church ministries to anything else anyone might be involved in. I've been trying to really stay calm and take things day by day and hour by hour. My family would tell you that some moments have been more successful than others. I keep telling myself that before I know it, the snow will be flying and things will slow right down. Winter is my season of rest and I do love it!
My two homeschool students are doing very well in their studies. We've had an extra hard time getting up and going on time. I am not quite sure why and I suppose it doesn't matter. We're trying to push our way through it and get used to our 7:30 a.m. start time. We start that early so that my son can be done with his schooling before soccer (at 2 p.m.) and so that my husband can lead our family Bible time before he starts work.
I am very thankful that my husband can work from home almost all of the time now. He can peek out occasionally and see how we're doing and lend a hand now and then! 
My husband and I have some "new to us" ministries this fall. My husband is overseeing Youth Ministry and I am helping him as much as I can. He was a Youth Pastor 20 years ago and we have returned to Youth Ministry. What a difference 20 years makes, mostly in us! Having parented and having kids all in their teen years brings a whole new layer of understanding. I'll talk more about that another day. I know there is a movement in American churches to end Youth Ministry. I'd like to talk about that. :)
I am also leading a little Bible Study with a few of my dear friends. It is bi-weekly and I am just loving it!! :) It's been YEARS. Now that my children are older I can do more of these things that I have loved. 
Some of these changes will effect what I blog about. For the most part, I'll blog about the same things I always have. But I'd like to broaden it a bit to include the whole spectrum of "the stuff I call my life." I hope you'll join me and lend your comments. :) 
I'll end with what has always been my "ministry passage of Scripture". It is the one that represents what I feel God has called me toward, becoming mature in Christ and encouraging others on the same path. :)



"So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
  Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." Ephesians 4:11-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!