Saturday, July 2, 2011

Staycation!

                                        (Our recent trip to a zoo gave us lots of beautiful butterfly pics!)

This week we've been on a STAYcation. :) I heard on the news just this morning that we are not alone! The point was really family time and we live in an area where people COME HERE for vacation so it makes sense.
A Staycation can be a challenge because you are home with your phone and are able to see all the work that needs to be done. It can be so easy to get sidetracked! And that has sure happened in the past. Several times over the years I have said I will NEVER take a Staycation again...but alas...we always do!! haha!! 
My preference would be to take care of all the errands and food shopping before the week started. But I was unable to reach that goal. Fortunately everyone was exhausted on Monday from a Youth Camping Trip so they were happy to relax at home on Monday and I could get us more ready for our week. 
A Staycation takes planning, planning, planning. Otherwise my regular life takes over. This year I checked with the weatherman and my bank account,  and then tried to plan things that we all enjoy doing together.
 Here is what we did this week:
~Monday: Errands and grocery shopping.
~Tuesday: Visit the lake with the kayaks (5 min away), then home for a rented movie, a bbq, smores on the campfire, and board games. 
~Wednesday: Trip to the Outlet Malls in Kittery, lunch out at our favorite restaurant (Bob's Clam Hut). The weatherman tricked me by saying it would be rainy but it was hot and humid! That night my son Christian had a soccer game. 
Thursday: Trip to Sebago Lake to meet with friends for a birthday party.
Friday: Trip to Yorks Wild Kingdom to check out the zoo section. 
It's been a great week and I am so thankful for the time to reconnect as a family. :) 
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

2 comments:

  1. We did that one year and it was so much fun. We hardly had any money so I tried to find things to do that were free or very cheap. We wouldn't tell the kids where we were going and they had so much fun guessing the whole way there each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, That sounds really wonderful! I love the idea of surprising them!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!