Monday, July 4, 2011

Keeping it Simple

I like to keep life simple. I don't like to be off in 15 different directions. I need focus. It's hard to focus if life is rushing all around me. I need space to think...
 Looking back on my childhood, I often struggled with what I perceived as a life going too fast. Going to school everyday with its chaos left me overwhelmed. Yeah, I realize that makes me seem pretty wimpy. I can accept that... :) 
I am thankful to have gotten to be a stay-at-home wife and mom. It suits me so much I really sometimes find it hard to understand why I have such a gift. Sure, we have our hectic times and I've had my share of overwhelming days. But making my own schedule sure helps me find time to defuse and to breathe...
I can rush and get things done in spurts. But I've gotta smell some flowers, watch some birds, notice the clouds, hear the ocean, enjoy some music, give some hugs. Such blessings. It helps me remember my Creator and all He has done. It renews my faith in the God who could create such wonders. And this is the God that is on the throne of my life holding the controls. I can trust Him. He settles me in peace.
"He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children." Psalm 113:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!