Thursday, July 14, 2011

All Things New

When we go to the beach, I am the one who comes home with pockets or buckets full of shells, pretty rocks and sea glass. Sometimes Rachel will join me, sometimes not. I am just fascinated by treasures at the beach and I always have been. I love to go when the tide is going out because the waves are bringing in fresh treasures and as the low tide pulls the water back I can get that first look at what is "newly brought."


At our most recent trip, my fascination was with all things white! I was feeling particularly thought-full and was thinking of how our Savior washes us and makes us white as snow...


"Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isaiah 1:18


Speaking of washing, I love sea glass. It starts out as sharp, harmful, broken glass. Then, as the sea washes over and over it, it becomes soft, smooth, new, and beautiful! The sea makes it into a new thing, something to be collected instead of thrown away. Just like our Savior who makes US new. We, who were sharp, harmful, and broken are made new, soft, smooth, and beautiful! 


"He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:5


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17


Kinda makes you wanna shout "Hallelujah!!" Doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!