Friday, June 3, 2011

Thankfulness

I missed Thursday again...that's okay...I'll just be thankful on Friday too. :) There are so many needs around our country and around the world. So many are hurt by severe storms and other tragedies. For some we must pray and trust God to send the right people. For other tragedies, we ARE the right people and we need to go and do what God has called us to do. So, as I write out my blessings as a praise to God, it is not without recognizing those who are suffering here and around the world. 


I am reading through Ephesians today and was so struck by all of the spiritual blessings for those who turn to Jesus by faith. 


234. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." Eph. 1: 3-6 So much to be thankful for...


235. I've been having fun getting veggies planted. I am so thankful to get to plant food we can eat. 
Here's my little tomatoes...
Bush cucumbers...
Garlic...
...and green bell peppers...It's a good start!


236. You'll notice marigolds around my veggies. Marigolds keep the consuming bugs away. How awesome that God gave us flowers that are beautiful AND protect our food!


237. Also thankful for the beauty of flowers and I've started filling my pots as well. 
Oh, bad picture...but you get the idea. I like to leave room for them to expand and grow as I fertilize...
238. I am doubly thankful that I got a lot of things done this week that I have been procrastinating! There's often stuff to be done that I don't particularly like to do. I always pray that God will help me find motivation for what I have procrastinated and then I seek to push through. It feels so good when I am done. Most of these things involved paperwork but it also included getting my dog shaved down for summer (which he hates of course).
Here he is before:
And after...
I love how he goes from pudgy dog with all the fur to tiny with no fur.


*Side note...speaking of paperwork...this is what it looks like when I get motivated to get it all done... I tend to do it all at once. I guess I should be thankful that:
239. My family is very patient with my ways!
I like everything where I can grab it...lol!


240. I am thankful for family times around the campfires, making smores while we talk and joke around. 
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." 1 Thess. 5:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!