Monday, June 6, 2011

Living it Like I Want it Lived


Often I'll wake up in the middle of the night thinking about my life and changes I want to make. And often I'll awaken in the morning and not do those things I thought about. I want my life to be Spirit led and intentional. I am getting too old to not be living my best life. I live too much on the defensive, just responding to what happens and letting life roll me around.


So, this morning I am thinking about what is important to me for *this week* and seeking to live in that Spirit led and intentional way. I'm starting with my goals


Spirit led:
~Putting my time reading my Bible and praying of first importance. Actually letting that be the first thing I do in the day and the last thing I do in the day pretty much guarantees that my mind is fixed during the day on that which is "above." (Colossians 3:2)
~Helping to get our family devotional time on a good schedule. When school ends and we let the kids sleep in, it gets harder to find that time.
~Being "gospel centered". Praying that God will show me opportunities during each day to share with others the hope I have in Christ.


Healthy:
~Menu planning today! Oh I stink at menu planning!! But it so helps to list out our meals and having a plan and the food in the house for it!
~Daily Exercise: Time to dust off the treadmill and go walking outside. The bugs aren't too bad right now so I need to get walking!!


Project Goals:
~Decluttering: I got one eve done and need to do the other eve. That and cleaning out the linen closet. I'd like to get those done this week and measure for some organizational helps I want to purchase.
~Inside projects: I have a door that needs to be stained. I am actually going to use it for a makeshift table to store the TV and Computer in the kids' media room. It's an idea I saw on "Sell this House." 
I also need to order pictures for a shelf that will go over the table and stain the shelves they will go on (which my boys made for me years ago!). 
~Outside projects: There's still leaves to clean up and the flower beds need to be weeded. Then I need to lay down mulch. Other than that, this week I just want to keep everything well watered. 
~Homeschool project: The school books are ordered and should be coming in this week. I need to purchase some notebooks. I'd like to figure out my "Homeschool Tracker" program and spend time each day getting ready for fall. Once the school year starts I am not so good at the lesson planning/organizing part so I have to have it ALL ready ahead.


Family goals:
~I want to be intentional about Family Fun Time!! So...planning fun things to do this week is on my "to do" list for today. Maybe a trip to the beach? Waterpark? Don't know if it's warm enough... Good movie playing we can see? Friends over? Hmmmm...


There's alot there...but I find if I plan ahead so much more gets done where if I don't plan I am just as busy but get little done. :) 


What are your goals this week?


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23


"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal." 1 Corinthians13:1



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. :) It's just like opening the mailbox and seeing mail from a friend!